HOW TO GET A MOTORCYCLE LICENCE IN GEORGIA – Riding motorcycles in Georgia is the dream of many motorcyclists and for good reasons. Georgia has a pretty countryside. A myriad of scenic roads and the amazing opportunity of year-round riding.
Like every other state in the US Georgia requires that you get a motorcycle license before you can start riding on the roads with your motorcycle.
You may now be wondering, how to get a motorcycle license in Georgia? Getting a motorcycle license in Georgia is a pretty straight forward process. Here is how to go about it.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO GET A GEORGIAN MOTORCYCLE LICENSE
STEP 1- LEARN TO RIDE-
Riding a motorcycle is a skill. Motorcycle riding experts all agree that receiving a proper education with regard to motorcycle riding can save your life. Georgia is among the few states that offer riders a motorcycle instructional permit. It is called the class MP permit. Although it is not mandatory, the advantages of getting an MP cannot be overemphasized.
REQUIREMENTS TO GET A CLASS MP PERMIT IN GEORGIA
- Applicant must be at least 16 years of age
- If an applicant is under 17 years of age, he or she must have successfully completed a certified 30 hours Georgia driver training educational course.
- If an applicant is under 17 years of age applicant must have successfully completed a certified Georgia behind the wheel program. Yes, you heard it right, you will also learn how to drive a car as well as a bike.
- You must pass a vision test
- Pass the Georgia DDS knowledge exam
STEP 2- APPLY FOR THE LICENSE-
Before you get a Class M motorcycle license in Georgia, there are certain requirements you need to meet.
- You must not be younger than 17 years of age
- You must and pass the DSS knowledge exam
- You must pass the DDS motorcycle road skills test.
- You must have passed the vision exam
- If you are under 18 years of age, then you aren’t or guardian or any other responsible adult is required to sign the application for your Class M license. Any of the signatories can request that your license be revoked at any time before your 18th birthday.
CONCLUSION ON HOW TO GET A MOTORCYCLE LICENCE IN GEORGIA
Don’t be carried away once you get a motorcycle license in Georgia because having the license is but just the beginning. Riding a motorcycle is a sport that takes years to master. So make sure your Georgia motorcycle experience will be a safe and memorable one. Always wear the proper safety gear, and ride a motorcycle that meets your skill level. In this way, you`ll be able to enjoy a full lie on the wheels.